1) What is the cap of minimum votes a political party must secure in election to get the status of a State party as decided by the Election Commission of India?
Ans: - 8 percent of total valid votes polled in State Assembly or Lok Sabha polls.
2) In which organization headed by Chitranjan Das, Netaji Shubhash Chandra Bose worked as a Chief Executive Officer?
Ans: - Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
3) Curie point is a temperature at which:
Ans: - A magnetic material undergoes a sharp change in the magnetic properties.
4) Match List-1 with List-2
List-1 List- 2
1) Jawahar Lal Nehru Port A. Tamilnadu
2) Paradip Port B. Maharashtra
3) Kandla Port C. Odisha
4) Ennore Port D. Gujarat
Ans: - 1-B, 2-C, 3-D, 4-A.
5) Identify the illiterate among the following?
(A) Jahangir (C) Akbar
(B) Shahjahan (D) Aurangzeb
Ans: - Akbar.
6) Gross National Product (GNP) of a country is sum of the market value of all goods and services produced in a year:
Ans: - Plus net income from abroad.
7) LIBOR, a term used in banking and financial sector:
Ans: - London Interbank Offered Rate.
8) In India proclamation of emergency is made under:
Ans: - Article 352.
9) Sound travels faster in solids than in gases, because:
Ans: - Density of solid is more.
10) The branch of biology that deals with the study of Fungi is called:
Ans: - Mycology.
11) The latitude difference between India & Pakistan by their Standard time is:
Ans:- 7.5 Degree.
12) The Earth is spherical in shape except for some flattening on some portions. This flattening is at the:
13) Which one of the following fundamental rights was recently included as per the 93rdamendment of the Constitution?
Ans: Right to free and compulsory education for all children in the 6 to 14 age group.
14) Who is the host country for the inaugural T-20 World Cricket Cup for the blind?
15) 2012 Champions Trophy Hockey tournament was won by:
16) The International Olympic Committee decided to remove two games from the Olympic starting with 2020 Olympic Games. What are these two?
Ans: Free Style Wrestling and Greco Roman.
17) Mr. Cyrus Pallonji Mistry took over as the Chairman of which industrial group recently:
Ans: Tata Group.
18) Which launch vehicle is expected to be used by ISRO for its 2013 Mars mission?
Ans: Polar Satellite Launch vehicle.
19) Who is chosen by the member of Rajya Sabha?
Ans: Deputy Chairman.
20) Who is the leader of the House in fifteenth Lok Sabha?
Ans: Sushil Kumar Shinde.
21) Barack H. Obama has been recently reelected as President of USA, defeating republican challenger:
Ans: Mitt Romney.
22) Russia is expected to supply Admiral Gorshkov by 2013 end. What is “Admiral Gorshkov”?
Ans: Aircraft Carrier.
23) Which Indian state has the lowest record of population density having just 17 per square kilometer?
Ans: Arunacahal Pradesh.
24) Which state has emerged as the best performing State in terms of Environmental Performance Index (EPI) released by Planning Commission in 2012?
25) What does the Tenth Schedule of the Constitution of India contain?
Ans: Provisions relating to disqualification on ground of defection.